The pKT digital cylinder G3 is mounted instead of a conventional profile cylinder. The pKT digital cylinder G3 is equipped with a MIFARE® DESFire® EV1 or a LEGIC® advant reader. This reads the access rights written to the badge card by a master reader (connected to the central database) and decides autonomously on the door release. These access rights consist of different time ranges, the validity of which can be set as desired. If the badge card is not updated again via a master reader at the latest after this set time interval has expired, it loses all access rights to the offline components for security reasons.
Depending on the system configuration, the pKT digital cylinder G3 stores the last events (maximum 160). The event data from a pKT digital cylinder G3 can be conveniently and easily transferred at any time via a master reader to the database of the host system using a special booking transfer card, where they can then be evaluated as usual - in compliance with data protection guidelines.
The electronic knob module contains the complete reading and control electronics as well as the power supply, which consists of commercially available CR2 batteries. Assembly and battery replacement are easily possible with the help of the special cards and tools belonging to the system.
Features of pKT Digital Cylinder G3:
- Use of the existing ID card / key fob as a virtual information carrier (battery status, automatic booking transfer, blacklist)
- The electronic knob module can also be mounted on both sides (from total length 65 mm)
- Individual access authorisation per person
- No authorisation memory required in the cylinder
- Automatic time-controlled opening and closing
- Toggle mode possible (first booking - permanent opening, second booking - closing)
- Visual and audible indicators (red and green LEDs) to confirm commands and battery warning indicator
- Emergency opening option with external emergency power tool (low-power adapter)
- Backset dimensions from 35 mm (use must be checked in each individual case)
- Suitable for common profile cylinder doors according to DIN 18252
- Battery life typ. 2 years with 20 operations per day
- Administration of access rights on the host system
- Response time typ. 1 sec.
- Acoustic display for release confirmation
- Half-cylinder applications also possible
- Suitable for use on fire and escape doors