With the modern electronic cabinet and furniture locks from primion, employees, customers or visitors to companies or facilities can store items in a way that is safe from unauthorised access.
This may be desired, for example, in school, student or employee lockers where personal or professional objects or documents need to be securely locked. In hospitals, modern locker solutions ensure the safe storage of patients' valuables in the hospital room or clothing for medical staff. But also, in sports facilities such as gyms, swimming pools, sports halls or in leisure facilities such as zoos and museums, employees as well as customers and visitors are guaranteed safe storage of their sports bags or handbags for a certain period of time.
Our long-standing customer, the Hamburg-Eppendorf University Hospital, has now opted for the variant of locker allocation in different areas. where 1,600 lockers are secured in this way.
And our customer NORMA Sarrebourg in France is also already successfully using the locker solutions in the staff changing rooms on 88 lockers.
Thanks to the different operating modes, it is possible to assign a personal locker or cabinet as well as to freely select a cabinet. The operation modes thus reduce the administrative effort to a minimum without restricting the functionality or security of the solution. The cabinet solution is flexible and suitable for both left and right cabinets. The furniture lock consists of a G3/G4 cylinder and a mechanical adapter.
There is also the possibility for a connection to various primion products. The viewing and deletion of locker assignments can be realised through the primion ADT 1110 and ADT 1120 time recording terminal. The cabinet solution is also compatible with the prime KeyTechnology (pKT) online/offline solution.
If the rights are stored in the system, you can use your transponder (chip / ID card):
- to enter the building
- to record your working hours
- to operate the lift
- to enter the booked meeting room
- to open your office
- to open and close your locker / cabinet.
You decide: Fixed cabinet assignment or free choice of locker?
You specify in the software whether the person receives a permanently assigned locker in one or more areas, or whether he or she is allowed to select it themselves. On our modern Advanced Data Terminal ADT 1110, you can query which locker or cabinet has been assigned to you as a user and also delete this choice if necessary.
Scenario A - Permanently assigned cabinet / locker
The rights to use the locker are already stored on the chip. This means that the locker is assigned to one or more transponders (chip / ID card).
- It is possible to assign several lockers to one transponder.
- Opening and locking is done directly via the cabinet lock.
Scenario B - Free cabinet / locker selection
The area(s) in which the user can freely select a locker is stored in the software. Basically, all lockers are initially open, the user chooses one, deposits his/her objects and locks it with his/her chip / ID card. The transponder, which was not used before, thus enters into a "connection" with the cabinet lock.
- The next time it is opened, the locker is released for general use again.
- If, after some time, the user prefers another locker, e.g. because it is closer to the exit, he can open the currently selected locker, thereby releasing it for others and removing his valuables. Now he can select a new locker again.
- In the software, the operator can define different areas for lockers, e.g. to differentiate the lockers according to individual classrooms.
Select lockers in different areas:
A person can also freely select one locker each from up to two different areas. In clinics, for example, medical staff on the ward need different clothes than in the operating theatre area. Which cabinet / locker has been selected can be queried on the ADT 1110.
Advantages of the primion cabinet lock solution:
- Simple installation and handling
- No wiring required
- Toggle mode possible
- Up to 65,000 cycles per battery
- Automatic summer and winter time switching
- Display and deletion of the cabinet assignment on the ADT 1110
- Flexibility in the assignment of cabinets
- Independent assignment by the user of up to two cabinets, without the intervention of other persons
- 2 operating modes
Structure of the lock
The cabinet lock contains the reader unit together with the communication electronics, the mechanics and the power supply. A battery provides the power supply for up to 65,000 operations - depending on the transponder method.
Technical data of the cabinet and furniture lock:
- Up to 1000 events can be logged in the cabinet lock
- Up to 48 statutory holidays can be set
- Individual and group authorisations possible
- Automatic summer and winter time switching
- Locking time programmable
- Suitable for doors up to 20 mm
- Operating modes:
- fixed cabinet assignment (standard or letterbox)
- free choice of cabinet
- Dimensions when installed (cabinet lock): 148.5 mm x 44.7 mm x 35 mm (H x W x D).
- Transponder variants: MIFARE® and LEGIC®
- Power supply: 1x battery ER14505M 3.6V
- Battery life: up to 65,000 operations (MIFARE® DESFire®; LEGIC® advant)
- Operating temperature: 5°C to 55°C
- Storage temperature: -40°C to 65°C
- Maximum relative humidity: up to 95%, non-condensing
- Application area: indoor